Wednesday, March 7, 2012

So What Wednesday!

Ah, it's So What! Wednesday and I haven't written one of these blogs in months. I'm chock full of 'so what's' today as they've gotten pretty built up, but I'll try to keep them limited and not get carried away.

So what if I'm a photographer and have a blog that I barely use, even though as a photographer you're 'supposed' to blog. I have many reasons for it, but mainly because I have a website and a Facebook page to manage, not to mention my 2 online stores. I get my info across to fans in FB, so why do it twice?! More work but less productivity. I am going to (try) to blog more about random stuff and not just my business information. I need an outlet other than my husband and I'm sure he'll appreciate me rambling on here rather than when he's trying to go to sleep. ;)

So what if I stopped looking at local photographer's fan pages to see 'what they're up to'. I do not care anymore. I have realized I'm confident with my own work and the direction in which my own business is going. It's counter productive to drive myself crazy with what the locals are up to. I have my own business to run; I do not need to worry about how they're running theirs. There's a statistic that says 95% of photographers fail at running a business...well I'm here to tell you, I'm not going to be in that stat. I will not fail because it's not an option for me...plain and simple. And worrying about what others are doing is only feeding the chance of failure...spending time worrying is not spending time wisely. so simply put, I.DO.NOT.CARE.

So what if I speak my mind and stand up for what I believe in. I'm honest and straight forward. I don't sugar coat and what you see is what you get. And if you don't like me, I'll be ok without you in my life. I have a big heart and a natural giving nature, but I do not take kindly to being disrespected. I have built my business on my good reputation, my honesty and my integrity...and maybe, just maybe, I take good pictures and create art as well. A friend posted on his FB status the other day a quote and I love it. Fits me perfectly: 'Don't judge me until you know me. Don't underestimate me until you challenge me. Please don't talk about me until you talk to me.'

So what if this has turned into more of a rant. Everyone is allowed to vent once in a while. So I'm venting. It's your choice to read it or not. This rant makes me sound like a jerk or a snob or even arrogant. But if you know me, I'm so far from those things. I'm a natural born cheerleader (I'm a cheer coach for those that don't know). I motivate, I teach, I encourage. I share knowledge, I share my own inside tips, tricks and helpful hints. I truly want everyone to succeed. At the end of the day I am still a person, with feelings...very sentimental, emotional feelings. I care too much about what others think sometimes, so the confidence I exude may not always be how I'm feeling. At the end of the day, I just want to be cheered on once in a while...

So what if half of the people reading this have probably formed an opinion of me and now hate me. LOL I'm just standing up for myself. Most of the readers have no clue what this is about, other than a random rant. But there are a few that will know. So to those few, I say to you, I DO NOT CARE what your opinion of me is. I'm doing big things with my business...is it possible you're jealous because it's me and not you? If you spent more time working and trying to improve your work rather than worrying about what me or other people are doing...you would have the same opportunities that I have. I've worked my butt of to get to where I am. And I do not take it for granted. It could all be gone in an instant. So I'm gonna keep doing me. And I'm gonna keep being positive and honest and conduct myself with integrity. And I'm gonna keep on keeping on because failure is not an option and I will not stand in my own way of success.

So, SO WHAT! I feel so much better now that I have all that off my chest. Thank you to the people that have supported me from the beginning; that have believed in me, pushed me to keep going and cheered me on...even when I sucked. HA! Thank you to the people that let me rant and love me for it. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do.
 

4 comments:

S said...

LOL! Good for you!
So what if I just hope you have an amazing day.

Homespun Photography said...

we all need a little ramble rant every once in a while! I don't see you as a *insert negative adjective here* I see you as a no BS, tell it like it is type of gal...and I love that. Look forward to reading you up coming posts

Donna said...

Thanks for being a part of the giveaway at Simply Swanky

Angie Alford said...

Well said :)