Wednesday, August 3, 2011

SWW

first of all, so what if it's been 2 weeks since i last blogged AND it was a SWW. i have lots of stuff going on. i have a family and it's my monkeys birthday time. their birthdays are 9 days apart, so it gets kind of busy around here with birthdays.

so what if i decided to change my business name. i couldn't stand it any more. it didn't 'feel' right. now i feel like the new name has given me a fresh start. i can showcase more artistic photos and they will be more accepted. for some reason, my 'old' name had its own identity with photos and they were very traditional. boring...so not me. but being in a small community, that's what people expect and like...traditional...because it is what is accepted. it's not a knock to my community at all, because i love it...but i am hoping to bring some new and fresh ideas to my photography approach.

so what if we took our monkeys to daycare on my hubby's day off. we have big plans of cleaning and 'getting stuff done' as my hubby says. it's nearly impossible to accomplish any task with them home. they want to help and let's be honest, they aren't really much help. also, a little quiet alone time is nice once in a while. we had many years together without kids and once in a while, we like to be alone...and not just for an evening date. besides, it's dreary out and our monkeys would go bonkers with boredom here at home, so they are having a blast with their friends at daycare today. there i justified it. so what.

so what if i'm going to be the mom that has a huge board of photos at my monkey's high school graduations. and so what if most of the photos are going to be as embarrassing as possible. and so what if my daughter just turned 3 and my son is only starting his first year of school (pre K). i can plan ahead for things that bring me joy...such as embarrassing my kids. ;o)


1 comment:

Me said...

Cute!!!! I'd totally take mine to daycare too! You'll feel so accomplished later that when you get them you'll be in a much better mood than if you had to trip over them all day trying to do the boring adult stuff!!!! Oh and don't forget to link up at http://www.lifeafteridew.com/ Shannon is FUN and loves new bloggy friends :)